Sunday, May 13, 2012

Matilda IIs


One of my all time favourites. The rear one I've had for ages, the other two are recent additions. Eventually I like to get another three of these as a lot of the early war scenarios I have require two companies. I've got one in the bone-yard but it is a long way off service yet


I think the size of the turret ring limited the size of the main gun, pity as these would have been devastating with a six pound gun during the Battle of France. These are by Airfix, I think.




5 comments:

  1. Nice work Al, I think you need to cam up the leading one, it looks rather naked compared to the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tempted to try organise a group build for this at some stage, since I've had one sitting here for months doing nothing.

    Also I kind of want to do a lend-lease version with the ZIS-3 76mm canon mount, just to see if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic kit

    :)

    I will have to get these for my 1/200 early war

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lads, thoughtful comments as always

    ReplyDelete